Friday, January 28, 2011

The Beginning...

Well, its here. Finally. This blog has been nothing more than an idea for at least a couple years until with a combination of some encouragement from friends and an all-around miserable life with nothing better to occupy my time, it becomes a reality. Beginnings are always tough. They can set a tone and build anticipation for great things to come or they can immediately sour a taste and taint an experience. Im hoping for a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" type of beginning where it starts off fast and gripping and just gets better, and hope to avoid something like "From Dusk Till Dawn" where the beginning introduces you to some great characters (Clooney and Tarantino) and wastes no time plummeting into a retarded plot about vampires at a truckstop. As made obivous by the title, this will be a mostly movie-based blog, but with intermittent off-topic thoughts (or complaints-as the case may dictate) throughout. The things I wirte about are strictly my opinion and come with an invitation to discuss or debate. The only thing I dont care to hear about is my writing, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling etc. Look, im not a journalist. Im just a fan of movies and a fan of subjecting people to my opinions on them. I barely have an education (thank you Solano County Unified) and so blog-construction is not my strong suit. But, if all goes according to plan I will string together a few entertaining sentences and simultaneously provide some informative material for those of you who are planning a Friday night consisting of curling up on the couch with a blanket and ice cream while enjoying a film.

No comments:

Post a Comment